Inside were two items:
- A form to allow us to subscribe to "True Wealth" for only $49.50 for one year or $69.00 for two years.
- A newsletter made to look like tax forms, entitled "Get Social Security No Matter What Your Age". This newsletter promises that you can qualify for $12,000 every year, file a secret 521-B and get an interest free loan up to $144,000, use a Form '3881-BK' and get $8,400 per year, and "time your filing of form 'SSA-25' and get an extra $700 per month for 8 years or more."
But alas, this is a promotion for the newsletter that promised "secrets", with claims that other people have been able to get money from these secrets.
- There is no extra benefit or short-cut to social security. If you want to check out eligibility, see http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10035.html.
- A Rip-off report about this company: http://www.ripoffreport.com/home-based-business/michael-j-palmer/michael-j-palmer-ripoff-secret-ne989.htm
- One of the strategies is to withdraw your SS application if you retired at 62 [521-B]. This sounds interesting, but there is always a catch -- like repaying the government the money you already received. See http://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/handbook/handbook.15/handbook-1515.html.
- Another relates to "3881-BK", which is the SSA questionairre for children claiming social security benefits.
- The letter is supposedly from Steve Sjuggard (who uses "Dr." in some of his newsletters and websites). Want to see how Steve Sjuggard's investment "picks" turn out? Check out: http://www.cxoadvisory.com/individual-gurus/steve-sjuggerud/ You see that some win, some lose; but there is not a consistency in winning.
- Investment U, Stansberry Research and Agora are all related. It is likely that the website of the "Stock Gumshoe" is also connected to this group.
- For more on Agora and Stansberry Research, see the SEC complaint at http://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/comp18090.htm.
- The bio on "Dr." Steve Sjuggerud states that he has a doctorate in finance (and some say "International Finance"). I cannot locate any school claiming him as an alumnus, and his name does not appear in the WWW Directory in Finance (where most folks with a PhD in Finance are listed).
- In the Division of Corporations, Florida, records, Steve Sjuggerud has three businesses: Sugarberry LLC, Beacon Street LLC, and Sjuggerud Capital.